Monday, October 13, 2014

I Wish I Looked Like Her

Have you ever compared yourself to someone else? It doesn't have to be a famous person maybe a friend or a co-worker? You see someone with a gorgeous complexion or sensational hair and wish you had what she had?

For me it started when I was younger. I would say in my high school years. I had low self esteem. I didn't feel pretty, I was awkwardly skinny, had bad hair, acne, not fashionable at all! I constantly compared myself to the other girls.

Oh I thought if I only had her hair or her complexion. I wished I had other girls fashion sense. I just wasn't happy with who I was. I didn't feel pretty....ever. I tried to hide that as much as possible from everyone. I put on a happy face but inside my head I kept hearing how ugly I was compared to others.

I looked to guys to fulfill a void in myself. Well that didn't work out so well either in high school. Then in college guys still weren't interested in me unless I was willing to give them something. (I'm sure you know what that means.)

Even when I did meet my husband and for years after we got married I still felt the same way. Always, always, always comparing myself to other women. If I only looked like this, if my hair looked like that, if my body looked like hers. It was never ending in my mind.

It wasn't until God helped me realize he made me just the way I was suppose to be. I had to love me for who I was not how I looked. And I had to learn to love my face with it's imperfections, love my hair with this extremely thin self, love my body with all the changes its been through. I had to love me just the way I am.

It's extremely important for women to realize if you don't love yourself the way you were created no one else can make you love yourself. No matter if a man tells you that you are beautiful you will question it. Trust me my husband always let me know how much he loved me and thought I was beautiful but because I didn't think it about myself I still had self esteem issues.

I need you to do me a favor. Look in the mirror right now and tell yourself "I am beautiful, my face is beautiful, my hair looks good, my body awesome. I love myself. I love everything about my external self. If I want to change something that is OK but I still look good right now, today. I am free from comparing myself to others. God made me in his image and his image is perfect. I love me some me!"

My prayer for you: God I pray that every woman that reads this will open her eyes to see her beauty. It is there. You made her in your image, help her to see that every time she looks in the mirror. I pray against negative thoughts and comparisons. I pray against low self esteem. I pray she loves herself the way she is suppose to. I pray she sees you when she looks at herself. Amen.

Psalm 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Song of Solomon 4:7 You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.

3 comments:

DAR said...

Thx for sharing this. I can so relate. almost my entire life, I've compared myself to others. I never felt smart enough, good enough, pretty enough, or talented enough. I no longer have to accept the lies of the enemy. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God loves me just the way I am & I LOVE ME!

sourabh gupta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your website content is fabulous and awesome but I would like to say your website also good.
Thanks for sharing... Keep it up...

Packers and Movers in Ahmedabad
packers and movers in Rajkot
Packers and Movers in Jamnagar
Packers and Movers in Gandhidham
Packers and Movers in Mundra
Movers and packers in Ahmedabad
Packers and Movers in Jamnagar