Tuesday, November 21, 2006

HEAVY HEART

My mom called me Sunday to tell me she had seen in the newspaper a girl I went to high school with had passed away. Well she is a woman now, 30 years old. Although I have not spoken to here in years I was sad to hear this. I was best friends with her cousins. They were very close so I knew her pretty well back in the day. Things change so much after high school. I only saw her a couple of times after she graduated. I am not sure what happened to her. Her funeral was today at 2p.m. It is 3 hours away where it is being held so I could not make it. It's just wierd to think of her so young and now she is gone. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her and her family. I pray that they seek GOD at this time. He can give them comfort. It is so awesome to know he can wrap his arms around me when I am sad and let me know I will be ok. I will make it through difficult times. No matter what he is always there. I don't know what her relationship was with GOD I just hope it was enough to get her into the book of life.

Over the past couple of months I have noticed a significant change about me. I can only credit GOD for the change. Before when certain things didn't go the way I wanted or thought they would I would stress out and panic. I would always try to be strong for my husband if he ever paniced but would often break down and panic with him. But over the last couple of months and really seeking to know GOD and be more like him I have noticed I don't stress out or panic. Don't get me wrong thoughts come into my head but I fight them with prayer and scriptures. And when my husband paniced for a few minutes I didn't panic with him. There are some things going on right now that a couple of months ago would have stressed me out and tried to make me doubt GOD but today it doesn't not affect me like that. GOD had to put me in check on what is important and what is not, he is important, his kingdom work is important, the things we go through naturally can not compare to him. I just LOVE GOD so much. He is so awesome. It's not always easy but with him all things are possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will u let us know when u find out what happened to her?