Wednesday, November 15, 2006

IRS

After working in the accounting field for years I already knew why the IRS had a bad reputation. They are very difficult to work with. Especially when they are wrong. You have to go through so many steps to prove to them that they did something wrong. Well its even worse when its your personal records you are having to prove they or someone else did something wrong.

Here is my story. Back this summer I got a letter from the IRS saying that I did not report all of my wages for 2004. So they said I owed more money. My first thought was what did I do wrong. After looking over my taxes for that time I could not find anything wrong. So I called IRS and asked them what this was about they said that I had wages from working in North Carolina that I did not report. I have NEVER been to North Carolina, I repeat I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO NORTH CAROLINA!!!! You would not believe what I am going through having to prove this. I spoke with the lady that I supposedly worked for. She did not have my name or a soc sec # even close to mine for that year or any year. I had so many days that I had to send in a response to the IRS trying to prove why I didn't owe that amount. I sent in my letter stating I have never been to, lived in or worked in North Carolina in my lifetime. So I had to sit and wait for a response. I got my letter yesterday form the IRS and guess what? They say I still owe the money. Now my boss is going to write a letter stating I worked in OK in 04 and there is no way I could have worked somewhere else. I am trying to get in touch with the lady I supposedly worked for in North Carolina to see if she will write a letter so I can send them in to the IRS. Other than that I have no idea how I can get them to believe me. Ugh!! This is so crazy and frustrating. Please pray for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so frustrating. I understand your pain. I had to go through something proving that I did not own a debt that was in collection. It's not the IRS but I know what it feels like to feel like u don't have a voice. Escpecially when it's so obvious. I mean, how could u be in 2 places at once?