Friday, October 27, 2006


NOTHING MUCH

I am glad to see I am not the only one not posting on a regular basis. Some of my regular reads have not posted in a few days. I am sure they are a busy as I am not but still. I am ready for the weekend. My friends babyshower is this weekend. Oh I need to get a cake. She is due Nov. 29th. It's a boy. That's about all I have going on for this weekend. I hope I get to relax a little. For the past 3 or 4 weekends it has been really busy for us.

Tuesday we are having a pot luck at work. I am making Taco Soup. It is really easy and yummy. Here is the recipe.

1 lb. ground beef
1 can black beans
1 can ranch style beans
1 can whole corn
2 cans rotel
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. ranch dressing seasoning

brown ground beef, add to beans, corn, rotel etc. let it cook together til its hot. I pour mine over fritos and add shredded cheese.

I will also be making kitty litter cake. I have never made this but it is funny and suppose to taste good to here is the recipe with a picture to funny!!
CAKE INGREDIENTS:
1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 box of white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
A few drops green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
1 NEW cat-litter box
1 NEW cat-litter box liner
1 NEW pooper scooper
1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour mixture.

3)Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable an d hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy! "Kitty Litter Cake"


Ok I can not figure out how to get my picture at the bottom of the page and I do not want it to be the first thing you see so click on this link kitty litter cake to see a picture of it.

No comments: