Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I really am going crazy. My poor little Sixer is scooting. He started it Sat. while we were in AR visiting my family. So Sat morning my mom and I take him to a vet down there. They expressed his anal glands and he was good to go all day. Then Sunday he started scooting again. Monday morning while we were getting ready for work he was scooting and whining. I dropped him off at the vet before work. The lady vet called and said she expressed him but nothing came out and that we need to try and treat him for tape worms. I spent $48 on that visit. We got home Monday night and he is scooting again. So Tuesday morning I call the same vet office but ask to talk to the male Vet. and he says I see she treated him for tape worms, he doesn't have tape worms. So I just payed for the treatment and he doesn't even have them?????? He is just irritated on his bottom put some hydrocortisone on it. That is what the male vet says. So at lunch I pick up Sixer and take him to a different vet clinic. They expressed him and said the vet got something out of it and one gland was swollen. I asked specifically should he scoot any more. They say no. So of course when we get home he scoots and I think some stuff came out because there was a horrible odor. But he is still scooting. I feel so helpless. The people I depend on to help me fix him have been no help at all but they sure took my money. I don't know what to do. I have already spent $80 this week on vet visits because of this. I can't afford $80 a week. I don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

No comments: