Friday, August 25, 2006

WRITING

I love to write poetry. It has progressed over the years. I started writing in middle school about my best friends, then in high school about how much I disliked boys that hurt me, college more friends and boyfriend poetry. Then I got saved. This is the first poem I wrote after I accepted Christ into my life.


FAITH
IN A WORLD FULL OF GREED
DISHONESTY AND DESPAIR
NEVER LOSE FAITH
GOD IS THERE
WHEN YOU FEEL ALONE
AND LOSE SIGHT
THE DEVILS STRONG BUT HE
WON'T WIN THIS FIGHT
GOD IS THERE TO GUIDE
YOU THROUGH
PRAY FROM THE HEART
HE HAS ROOM FOR YOU
PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS
AND GOD TO COME INTO YOUR HEART
HE'LL GUIDE YOU AND SHOW YOU
ITS THE RIGHT START
GOD WILL HELP YOU
FIGHT THE TEMPTATION
BUT MAKE THE EFFORT
AND PRAY FOR SALVATION
IF YOU THINK YOU'RE LOST
YOU'LL ACT LIKE IT TO
BUT WHEN GOD'S ON YOUR SIDE
YOU'LL FEEL BRAND NEW
THINGS CAN GET HARD
AND BE PRETTY ROUGH
GOD IS THE ANSWER
HE'LL MAKE YOU TOUGH
NO MATTER YOUR TROUBLE
OR TRIBULATION
LEAVE IT TO GOD AND HE'LL
SHOW YOU, YOUR DESTINATION

One thing I can't do is sing but I would love to turn some of my poetry into songs. One day I believe that will happen. Not with me singing of course but someone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful.