Friday, January 12, 2007

ICE STORM

It is freezing outside. Sleet is coming down and sticking to the roads. It's amazing that yesterday it was in the 60's and sunny. Today sleet and in the 20's. That's a 40 degree difference. I know for those that get this stuff on a regular basis it's no big deal but here it's the talk of the city. I think they even have names for it Ice Storm 2007. I kept hearing all these people talking about going to the grocery store yesterday and having to stand in line for an hour. And a lot of people were making fun of them. Not me cause I have to go today in this stuff. NOT FUN. They were smart to go yesterday. Anyway we are closing down at 12 so I am outta here.

Update: We went to the grocery store @ 12pm and they were out of hamburger meat. How do you run out of hamburger meat at a grocery store? There were a lot of empty shelves. My husband and I were talking about how people were buying up stuff like they were going to stuck in there house for two weeks. This is a 2 day ice storm. By Monday everything will be back to normal. I guess everyone needed groceries for the weekend. By the way we go to the grocery store every Friday. We didn't just go because of the ice.

No comments: