Friday, January 19, 2007

CANCER

My grandfather on my mother's side was diagnosed with lung cancer this pas summer. He was not a smoker but lung cancer is the #1 killing cancer, more than breast, prostate and another one that I forget. My uncler (her brother) found out last week that he had Stage 1 lymph node cancer. He had cancer 30 years ago but fought it with chemo and was ok until now. But today they called my mom and said he also has Stage 4 bone marrow cancer that is not curable.

I will probably never understand why people get an illness or disease that kills them. Maybe GOD will tell me when I met him. Maybe, Maybe not. I just pray that before my grandfather or uncle or anyone accepts Jesus as there savior before they pass on. That is the most important thing we will ever do in our lives. We can have the best car, the nicest house, the perfect life or we can be homeless, have no job, no money, no family in either case accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior is still the most important part of our lives. I pray that my family does this. I pray that all of you do this. Not only accept him as LORD AND SAVIOR but live as he would have us to live.

My dad also passed away from cancer. I am curious how many of you have had a family member that has had cancer?

3 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Cancer is scary, Cancer has made its way into some of my families lives....some now I am happy to report 2 are in remission My grandfater and Grandmother both passed on after a long coragious battle with cancer.......
Cancer scares me...its just not fair!


Sorry to hear about your Father...

Anonymous said...

My mom's parents have both had cancer and are long time survivors and they have always eaten right... There is no ryhme or reason to it - that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

My grandfather died from lung cancer and my grandmother has had skin cancer before. :(

I dont understand cancer either.