Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Shopping

I am not a big spender on clothes. I don't go clothes shopping much at all. I haven't bought anything in a really long time. I do like to look nice and dress nice I just keep my clothes for a really long time. I have sweaters I bought in 1997 in fact most of my sweaters are from back then. But I need some new clothes. Really bad. It's tough because we live pay check to pay check. We don't have any xtra money. I refuse to put stuff on credit cards because I can't pay it off in a reasonable amount of time. So I don't know what I am going to do. God will work something out.

It's suppose to be in the low 70's today. That is great. I am ready for Spring and Summer. Did you know daylight savings time has been moved from April to March 11? It will be daylight longer after I get off of work. Yeah!!

3 comments:

Shalee said...

You and I would make great shopping buddies. I very much dislike shopping and I wear my clothes forever. My husband finally made me get rid of some from the early 90's. That is just so sad.

We also live paycheck to paycheck and one of my favorite discover is the Junior League Boutiques. If you don't mind gently used clothes, see if you have one around your area. I went after Christmas with my gift money (not a lot) and I got a whole new work wardrobe. I hit a dollar day which was wonderful. I purchased suits by Ann Taylor, Petite Sophisticate and the such for only a buck. And I don't want to tell you how many dress pants, dress shirts and sweaters I have in addition. Now when you look in my closet, it looks like I'm a shopper.

And that, my friend, works for me.

Chandra said...

I have been to a few consignment shops and got a really cute sweater. I will have to look in the phone book to see if we have a Junior League boutique. I don't mind gently used clothes.

Leah said...

The Junior League boutique sounds AWESOME! I have recently started shopping at Target (they have some GREAT clothes) and New York and Company. Their regular priced clothes are not that cheap, but they have some killer sales. The problem I have is that I am so short it is sometimes hard to find petite pants cheap--but it is possible! Good luck!