Friday, February 02, 2007

What a huge difference

My husband and I go to the gym in the a.m. before we go to work. There is a few people that go in the morning, not as much as after work but still a few. This past week I have really been noticing a difference between the men and the women. It has nothing to do with working out. It is about interactions. I have noticed that almost all of the men will say hi to each other every morning. Some have conversations with each other while they are working out but at the least they say hi. Women we hardly even acknowledge there are other women in the building. Isn't that crazy? I think so. I know I am shy and don't usually strike up a conversation but I try to say hi to the other women when making eye contact. Sometimes that's difficult because they ignore me. So it makes me not want to speak but I still say hi. Some women have there buddies there and they talk and work out. I would much rather say hi to the men working out because they say hi back and look at you in the face. Most of the men say hi to the women also and the women's reaction is a lot different when the men say hi to them. I guess it shouldn't surprise me but it does. Why do women act like that towards each other? And it's not just at the gym. Except for work it seems like that is how we are towards one another. Even women at church tend to do that. I pray that GOD helps me to be able to speak with my head up and not think those thoughts us women tend to think, why did she say hi to me, why is she wearing that, I can't believe she wore her hair like that all of those things are not important in life. We should learn to enjoy life more. It would make for such a better world.

No comments: