Saturday, August 27, 2005

I am suppose to be in AR right now visiting my family, however it didn't work out like that yesterday. Let me just say I have never in my life seen someone with more car trouble than my husband and I. I think this is one way the enemy tries to attack us a lot. At least I would rather it be him than us just having bad cars. My husband and I car pooled yesterday since we were leaving right after work to go to AR. Its a 2 1/2 hour trip. My husband picked me up at lunch because we had to go to this beauty supply place and get something for his hair. On the way there we were laughing because GOD just came through on something we had been praying for. We had been praying for this for about 2 months. Its so funny to sit and think about now. Anyway we get to the beauty supply place go in and get the stuff, come back out and bam our car won't start. It just makes a clicking noise. Anyone who knows my husband and I know we don't know anything about cars. We are sitting and keep turning the key to get it started. Nothing but my husband is sweeting like crazy. Its 95 degrees out there. We get out start calling people to see if we can get a ride, one of our friends is going to come and get us and take us home (which is 30 min. away) so we can get our other car. Meanwhile we are standing outside in the heat waiting on the tow truck. They said he would be there in 2o minutes. Yeah right. We waited an hour. The whole time we are outside waiting in the heat. Our friend showed up and we are all laughing and talking. We had taken all of our clothes and back out of our car and put them into our friends because we didn't know if the car would be ready today or not. So the tow truck comes and takes our car and we head to our house to get our car. Thank goodness we hadn't gotten far when we realized our house key and both sets of car keys were in the car being towed to the shop. So our friend takes my husband back to work and then takes me, I am the lucky one that gets to take all our clothes and bags to my job. Well the guy calls and says it was our battery, mind you we have jumper cables but they are in our garage at home, and we didn't ask anyone for a jump which we should have so we could have saved $40 for towing. Anywho a lady I work with took me to go get the car and on the way to get my husband it just doesn't seem like it is running right. So when I pick up my husband and we are pulling out of his job the car acts like it won't go and about dies. The shop is closed already so we decide not to go to AR. This is our one or so we thought most reliable car. We don't want to drive our other one that far, theres not tellings what will happen with it. So here I am sitting at home today. I wish I could have seen my family but maybe next weekend. God is so good, something like this would have upset me not to long ago.

No comments: