Wednesday, September 06, 2006

GOD please show me what to do

I just talked to my sister a few minutes ago. She lives in AR. And is about 2.5 hours away. This weekend is my niece's b-day she will be 10 yrs old. Wow how time passes by so fast. Anyway I was asking her if she was doing anything for my niece's b-day. We usually get together when someone has one with food, cake, ice cream. Good family quality time. She started telling me how broke they are. Neither her nor my BIL have a college education so in the area they live in that means low paying jobs are all they qualify for. He works as a mechanic at the local school bus garage and she drives a school bus. My BIL last year was able to drive a bus to earn xtra money. This year the school system won't allow that. My sis said that means they bring home $400 less than they use to. This makes me sad. I feel guilty that I am able to buy a new home while my family struggles. My husband and I have a ministry account and we help those in need when we have money in there. At the moment we have given it all out. Sometimes its to family members sometimes it's to others. She said they make $40 to much for food assistance. They have 3 children and only have $150 to spend a month on food and household supplies like tissue, soap etc... I want so bad to be able to take care of our family. My husband's family struggles also. But I don't know what to do besides pray for them. If I have the financial means to give I would but then I think about us building a house and our mortgage payment will increase by at least $500 a month. Should we not do that so we can use the $500 we would be paying to a mortgage to actually help our family? Should I feel guilty at all? It's a struggle when you see someone in need. It hurts my heart. GOD please if it's in your will give me the means to help those that need it financially, spiritually and any other way I can.

No comments: