Monday, September 18, 2006

I read a lot of blogs through links and such. I found Barb at A Chelsea Morning she is asking how we met our honeys so I thought I would join even though she has no idea who I am. This may be long but it is very interesting. It may give more than what she was asking for but once I started I had to tell the whole story.

I first saw my husband in Aug of 96. I was inside the lobby of our dorms. The walls to the outside were all glass so I had a view of the walkway to the front doors. I was actually sitting there talking to someone that liked me. I was a little interested in him but not a lot. All of my attention was taken away when I saw Dos (my husband) for the first time. I honestly just starred at him while this other guy was talking to me. Luckily I since I could see Dos I could see that him and another guy were talking to one of my best friends. So later that night I asked her who he was and she told me. She said she had her first class of the day with him. Well I just had to meet him. So she talked to him and told him about me. We meet at the dance our college had every Wed. night. We danced together and then went with my friend and the guy she liked to drive around. We talked for a while that night and started talking often after that. One thing led to another and we started dating. Neither one of us were saved and living for Christ we went through a lot of tough times for 2 years. We both cheated on each other and we both found out. I was a year ahead of him in college so I was back home and he was still at school. He ended up calling me from her parents house and it showed up on the long distance bill. She then called me and told me they were seeing each other. I broke up with him immediately. Of course that didn't last and we got back together. About 8 months later while I was at work I got a phone call. A very familiar phone call. It was HER again. This time they were living together. (they lived 2 1/2 hours away) This was the day before thanksgiving 98. I immediately broke up with him again. I told him I never wanted to talk to or see him again. He kept calling my job that day and I refused to talk to him again. When I got home that night I went to my cousins and decided I needed to take my mind off of what was going on so I got high which before all of this was an everyday thing anyway. My mom calls me @ midnight to tell me Dos just showed up at our apt. I told her I didn't want to see him so I stayed out until 3 am. As soon I as got home there was a knock on the door. I never in a million years expected to hear what he was fixing to say. On the way down to see me and while he was getting high he had an encounter with GOD. He describes it as being similar to the road to Damascus with Saul Acts Chapter 9. He cried out to GOD that night and truly repented for his sins and GOD forgave him and saved him right then and there. So when he told me this I could see it. I could see the change in his demeanor, his face, his eyes all told me this was true. Even in his sin GOD saved him and I could see it. He proved it even more by pouring out a bag of pot that he had. My husband was a big time smoker. Everyday all day. So by him doing this it also confirmed what he was saying. I still told him I didn't want anything to do with him and so he left and went back home but still called me. To shorten it up less that a week later I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior and 2 months later we were married. That was 7 1/2 years ago. We still love the LORD and if it was not for him we would not be together.

3 comments:

Shalee said...

You did have a rough time of it, didn't you? But I love that you believed him when he told you of his encounter with God, enough that you started seeking God yourself.

This is a beautiful story of love, not only between the two of you, but between you, Dos and God.

Anonymous said...

That's cute...I met my husband in June 96 on in college too:)

Anonymous said...

Sheesh..I just went back and finished reading this,. Do you know how similar our stories are? Wow. Except that I was the big time smoker. And he was cheating on me BIG TIME. God brought us together though. It is real, isn't it? His power:)Or else, there'd be no way.