Monday, September 11, 2006

My husband and I went to AR this past weekend to see my family. My niece's 10th b-day was Saturday. Time is really flying. My niece was born 7 days after my father passed away. So it's been 10 years since his death. I still miss him like crazy. But I love thinking of all the memories I have, I know they will never die. I also spent time with my grandparents. (my father's mom and dad.) I have lived 2 1/2 hours away from everyone for 7 years. I miss getting to visit them more. We use to spend every summer at there house. My dad lived with them after him and my mother got divorced. My dad had issues. He was in the Vietnam war and my mom and his parents all say he was not the same when he came back. He was an alcoholic and drug addict. He still held a job, the same one for 20 years so he wasn't incompetent to do things for him self. But I really don't think he liked being alone. I think that's why he never moved out from my grandparents. Anyway I can really tell my grandparents are getting old. Don't get me wrong they are doing great for there age. My grandpa is 86 and my grandma is 82. They still live on there own, walk on there own, cook for themselves. My grandpa still has a garden that he takes care of every year. I know one day they will be gone and that saddens me. I have spoke with them about GOD and they watch a minister on TV that they really like. They both can be pretty stubborn I just pray they have truly accepted Christ. I send out a newsletter every month and they say someone reads it to them (neither can read). I always put in there the prayer of salvation so I really hope it touches them. I pray it touches everyone that reads it that is not saved.

No comments: